10.18.2007

'Cher

Whoa. Was it really eight years ago that I sat for the selection tests that I'm NOW INVIGILATING? That's. Mad.
And. In case you didn't know. Only in a certain family of schools are teachers referred to as 'sir' and 'madam'. Not, as you may address them, as 'teacher' or simply 'cher'. Or Mr/Ms/Mdm . Therefore, being in this certain family of schools and a student myself, being referred to as 'teacher' and being alerted (or rather being asked for permission) everytime a kid needed to "go toilet" or "drink water" was a new experience. Whether I could get used to it or not is another matter entirely. Although the feeling of having young impressionable minds within one's influence is rather unnerving, being oppressively full of responsibility, I suppose God has a way of preparing one for certain specific near-future situations one is likely to find oneself in.
One thing is certain. I. Need. (non-baggy, non-loose (read: fitting, not stiflingly tight), flat fronted, dark coloured) Pants.

No comments: