11.14.2006

Look at me! I'm a deviation!

So. Let's get the formalities out of the way.

Memphis Will Be Laid To Waste - Norma Jean

Yay. This song is fantastic. It features Aaron Weiss from mewithoutyou for the last part of the song. So, if you're into actual singing, these two bands are not your type. At all. Think shredding. But not on a guitar. ON A THROAT. And some spoken word type vocals from Aaron.

BUT. Aside from the great raw sound and poetry, this song is even cooler by the fact that IT HAS A NIRVANA RIFF IN IT. Anyone notice? Anyone? Knowing no one is going to listen to Memphis anyway, I'll just leave the Nirvana song title a mystery, since it's INCONSEQUENTIAL. Like this post.

Lately it has been playing over and over and over and over and over in my head. I was hoping talking about it would make it stop, but it hasn't. Ah well. I could try removing the earphones, but it would be too much of a hassle.

And I have run out of seemingly relevant meaningful things to say.



Pack your belongings for exile, you who live in Egypt, for Memphis will be laid waste and lie in ruins without inhabitant. Jeremiah 46:19

1 comment:

† Fabriz † said...

Memphis 94 Cleveland 97

Laid to waste! (So much for intelligent comment)